Specially created this cute, healthy and delicious home cooked glutinous rice packed in baby’s full month gift box, for a Mediacorp Channel 8 programme ~ A Taste of Festival 节庆。风味 EP 4, hosted by Pornsak, aired on 22 January 2020.
This recipe is slightly different from the traditional glutinous rice, this is a healthier version with simplified method, meatless with lesser seasoning and shorter cooking time.
Behind the scene, filming day…
150g Glutinous Rice (soaked at least 3 hours or overnight, drain)
5pcs Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (soaked till softened, *reserve water)
3-4pcs/ 10g Dried Scallops (soaked till softened, *reserve water)
45g Shallot (chopped)
1 clove Garlic (chopped)
20g Chestnut (cut into small chunks)
150g *Broth/ Water (use water reserved from soaking scallops and mushrooms)
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao Wine
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
A dash of White Pepper
浸泡香菇和干贝的水/ 高汤 150毫升
盐 ¼ 小匙
白糖 ¼ 小匙
酱油 1 小匙
花雕酒 1 小匙
麻油 ½ 小匙
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱/内容，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
Watch Video tutorial ~ catch up episode on meWatch . ~ A Taste of Festival 节庆。风味 EP 4, hosted by Pornsak, aired on 22 January 2020.
1. In a bowl, mix all seasoning ingredients and water. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a non stick pan. Stir fry shallot till softened, add in garlic, stir fry till slightly brown/ golden.
3. Stir in dried scallops and mushrooms. Add in glutinous rice and stir fry thoroughly.
4. Gradually add in half of the liquid (from step 1) while stir frying. Stir in chestnuts, continue adding the remaining liquid (from step 1) and stir fry till almost dry up.
5. Remove from heat, transfer the glutinous rice into a steaming tray/ bowl, steam for 30 minutes or till cooked.