This delicious lamb zurbian from the old Arabian Gulf cuisine is a good dish for a feast. Your family and friends are going to love it!
2.2 (1 kg) lamb with bones
2 large potatoes
1 large onion, sliced
1 large tomato, peeled and diced
10 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup yogurt
1/3 cup oil
2 1/2 liters water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Lebanese 7 spice mix
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot red pepper
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp saffron
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 cups basmati rice, washed several times and soaked for an hour
1 piece of charcoal (and oil / for evaporation)
1 cup onions, fried
1. In a deep saucepan, add the oil and fry the onion and stir until golden brown. Transfer fried onion to a dish, put aside. In the same oil, add the meat, all the spices, lemon juice, yogurt, cinnamon, Saffron, garlic, half the amount of fried onions and chopped tomatoes. Stir well until the meat boils for 5 minutes.
2. Add hot water on the meat and leave until it boils again. Cover the pot and leave to boil for an hour. Add potatoes and salt and let it boil for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the rice and put it on the meat (for each cup of rice you need 1 1/2 cup of broth). When the rice boils, reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Burn the charcoal. Add some oil in a small deep dish. Put the small dish on the surface of the rice and put the burned charcoal in it. Cover the pot immediately and cook over low heat until rice is totally cooked.
5. Turn the rice over a large serving dish, garnish with fried onion and serve
Be the first to comment on "Lamb Zurbian Recipe"