Learn how to make Delicious Middle Eastern Fattet Chicken Musakhan , following these simple recipe steps.
YIELDS 4 Servings
PREP TIME 30 mins
COOK TIME 1 hr 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hr 40 mins
2.2 lbs (1 kg) chicken
1 large onion, quarterly chopped
1 cinnamon stick
10 whole black peppercorns
10 whole cardamom pods
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup vermicelli
1 1/2 cups short grain rice
1 teaspoon salt
2 loaves of bread, chopped and fried
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 large onions, sliced
2 tablespoons sumac
1 teaspoon Arabic Seven Spice Mix (click to see recipe)
2 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 cups yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
Fried pine nuts
1. In a high-edge saucepan, place an abundant amount of water and put the pot over medium heat to boil the water.
2. Put the onions, cinnamon, pepper and cardamom inside the chicken cavity. place the chicken in boiling water and add salt. When the water boils again skim off the chicken foam. Cover the pot and let the chicken cook for half an hour or until it is completely tender.
3. Strain the chicken and keep the broth. Remove the skin and bone from the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
4. Rice: Wash the rice several times and soak it in hot water for half an hour.
5. In a medium thick pot base add oil. Put the pot over medium heat and add the vermicelli, stir the vermicelli until golden in color. Strain the rice and add to the vermicelli. stir lightly. Add 1/2 cup of hot chicken broth to the rice. Add the salt. Boil the rice on high heat for 5 minutes, then cover the pot and reduce the heat. Allow the rice to cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
6. Filling: In a deep dish, put garlic, lemon juice and vinegar, stir to mix ingredients.
7. In a deep dish, put onions, sumac, spices and oil. Stir with a fork to mix ingredients.
8. Yogurt mixture: In a deep dish, put the yogurt, garlic and salt, and stir well with a fork until it becomes smooth in texture.
9. To make the Fatteh: Bring a wide, high-edge serving dish. Put the fried bread on the bottom of the dish. Spread a bit of lemon and garlic mixture. Add some hot chicken broth. Add a little of onions and sumac mixture. Distribute the cooked rice with vermicelli. Spread the yogurt and garlic mixture.
10. Spread the chopped chicken over the yogurt. Spread the rest of the lemon mixture, the onion mixture and sumac, and garnish with the fried pine nuts. Serve directly.
Be the first to comment on "Fattet Chicken Musakhan"